Monday, January 3, 2011

The Cat and the Bat

The Cat and the Bat
By Auntie B 4/24/10

A cat and a bat
Had a fight.
Said the cat,
I don't think that it's right
That you're able to fly,
But never am I.
It seems you just fly
Out of spite.

Said the bat,
I don't fly
Out of spite
You have nothing to do
With my flight.
I fly 'cause I must
If I didn't,
I'd bust
I just have to fly
Every night

Answered cat,
It is still
Quite unfair
That you're able
To fly through the air
While I'm stuck
On the ground
No wings to be found
If only I could
Have a pair

Said the bat,
I can fly.
Yes, it's true.
But still,
I would rather be you.
You have people to pet you,
To feed you, and let you
Sleep in their bed,
As you mew.

Cat replied,
Are you out
Of your mind?
Yes it's fine
To have servants
I find.
But to soar through the trees
On a warm summer breeze?
Now that is a life
Unconfined!

Said the bat
Maybe we
Should agree
What we are is
What we must be
Let's be glad
For our gifts
And not create rifts
For friends do not need
Jealousy

No comments:

Post a Comment